Saturday, September 5, 2009

"She Works Hard for the Money"


Well, friends - due to the fact that I have been a very busy bee lately there have been a serious lack of posts. So sorry! I've dealt with some health issues (surprise, surprise) and changed my day to day life dramatically. I have a job!! My fabulous friend Brooke, a recruiter for Wellmont Health Systems, passed my resume on and really helped me out. I interviewed for two positions (throwing up during a phone interview, yup) and I started a temporary position on the 24th. I am the new HR Assistant for Holston Valley Medical Center. I am liking it so far, new things to learn everyday. The plan was to get my foot in the door and transfer after 90 days into a permanent position (aka a 90 day interview, shew!). Well guess what? I already scored an interview! Its for the HR Generalist for Wellmont Physician Services - a promotion. The interview is on Wednesday, and I hope it works out! If it doesn't I am just going to keep on trying. Its been interesting getting back into the swing of things and learning how they do things. Everyone is really nice and helpful at the hospital and I really hope this becomes a long term thing! I met two women that have been there for 40 years! Crazy. Jeff has been so supportive and excited about the whole adventure. He packed my lunch a couple of times and left notes of encouragement for me. He even started my car and had coffee waiting for me one morning when I was particularly moody and mad I had to wake up so early :) Love him. I was feeling like I was doing an awful lot of waiting on God lately. All of a sudden, God just started showing me how he was moving in my life. He reminded me that He is in control and that HIS plan is the plan that I want to follow. Send up some praise fingers!!

I'll leave you with a few wish list items for my new workin woman wardrobe.
This skirt.



Banana Republic


jcrew


New Red Shoes, Ann Taylor

No comments: