Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kitchens

I was going through my inspiration file and these are the kitchens that I have saved. I think I have a clear idea of what I would like!

Love the zigzag tile.

What's not to love here. Love the double islands and the different counter finishes. Love the ceiling, the ladder?! Come on! Love the lighting and the bar stools. Love the marble. Seriously top fav.


Again, the white cabinets, the island in a different finish, the marble.


Same color scheme. Same lighting. Love the floors. I am into the winged-backed chairs at the dining table. Just noticed the ceiling again.

I need a sliding barn door! How unique is that? There are a few antique doors at this store in downtown jc.

I like the simplicity of this kitchen. Notice the celing again. I had no idea I liked it so much. I like the use of linen and the different finish on the island.

This kitchen is a little different. I tagged it as modern country. I like the feel. The lighting. It reminds me more of my current kitchen. A little cozier.


So from this little experiment, I know that I want white cabinets and marble counters. I need that fabulous ceiling I was saving each time without knowing it. I want a farmhouse sink and a few unique elements like the sliding door and the cool floors. I want beautiful lighting and a clean feel. Some current modern elements and some old-fashioned elements to balance. Okay, ready to build my dreamhouse now. Someday we will build a house on our own little farm (or not so little). We will have creeks and ponds for wading, fishing, and canoeing. and woods for exploring, building forts and hiking. and fields for running for our family to enjoy!

No comments: